WELCOME TO SOMA III ...

Located in the Outer Rim just a stone's throw from Hutt controlled Space.
Here, in a natural Force-well that mostly obscures the system, a lone Padawan has been apprenticed to, and trained in secret by, a masterful Jedi whose visions led him to both planet and boy. The Jedi Master told only A'Sharad Hett of his padawan but never revealed Soma III's existence.
He vanished from the Jedi Order's records soon after congratulating his friend and mentor Qui-Gon on his elevation to the rank of 'Master'. Taking to heart the advice given him by Master Jinn he sought out the path the Force had for him to walk...no matter where it led. It led him to Soma III.
This blog is devoted to the life and times of that Padawan turned Knight, Tenric Starkindler, and his search for purpose during the Purge and beyond...



Monday, February 8, 2010

Gambit Inc. Part VII

Before Tenric could continue, Kr-Ant spoke up again, “Where are my manners? Let me tell you a little about myself, first. I had a traditional upbringing at the Jedi temple on Coruscant. When the Clone Wars began, I had been a full Jedi Knight for several years already. I love piloting, and volunteered for any mission that let me have that freedom. Anyway, I was soon attached to Master Plo Koon’s squadron, and accompanied him on several missions. I was granted the rank of full Master only months before the attempted invasion of Coruscant, and given command of my own fighter wing of clone troopers. At that same time, the Delta-7 Aethersprites were replaced with the newer Eta-2 Actis. The Eta-2’s didn’t have shields, but were smaller. That’s wasn’t enough to convince me, so I managed to retain my Delta-7; I even made a few modifications to the shields and weapons, as many of the Jedi did to their personal craft.”

“Our primary task was hunting for General Grievous. When news of Master Kenobi’s success on Utapau reached us, we adjusted our course and joined Master Plo Koon on Cato-Neimodia. When Order-66 was initiated, I saw his Delta-7 get hit. In the confusion, and my own concentration, I lost any Force-sense of him – there is a rumor he may have survived. I managed to make it to orbit and my hyperspace ring, and barely survived to jump to hyperspace – that’s a story all its own! Well, I made it to Commenor, and that’s where I met Orrell.”

Tenric appeared thoughtful for a moment before he spoke.

“I would be very interested in seeing your Delta-7. My master flew one of his own, but I have not seen one since he left me to take up his role in the Clone Wars. Though from your choice of words I suspect you may no longer have the ship.”

Another thoughtful moment and he continued.

“Now it seems my manners are lacking. Until this past year I had only been out of the system twice. Once, near the end of the Wars my master took me to meet Master A’Sharad Hett in a nearby system. We sparred as a test of my mastery and Master Hett pronounced me more than ready for the trials.”

“My next trip out-system was about three years later to search for my master’s body and saber. I ended up on the wrong planet by the will of the Force and there met with a group of fugitive Jedi. Master Hett was among them. They were pursued by a powerful Dark Jedi and a contingent of clone troops. Vader himself even showed up.” Tenric shuddered at the memory. “We were separated and I did what I could to ensure their escape…” Here Tenric trailed off and Kr-Ant could tell the memory was painful.

Trying to give Tenric a way out Kr-Ant asked what he had been aching to ever since meeting the native Jedi.

“Tenric. Can you tell me about the strange Force-static in this system and especially here on SomaIII? It is hard to focus, hard to sense things.

A small smile of gratitude crossed Tenric’s face as he accepted the change of topic.

No comments: