WELCOME TO SOMA III ...

Located in the Outer Rim just a stone's throw from Hutt controlled Space.
Here, in a natural Force-well that mostly obscures the system, a lone Padawan has been apprenticed to, and trained in secret by, a masterful Jedi whose visions led him to both planet and boy. The Jedi Master told only A'Sharad Hett of his padawan but never revealed Soma III's existence.
He vanished from the Jedi Order's records soon after congratulating his friend and mentor Qui-Gon on his elevation to the rank of 'Master'. Taking to heart the advice given him by Master Jinn he sought out the path the Force had for him to walk...no matter where it led. It led him to Soma III.
This blog is devoted to the life and times of that Padawan turned Knight, Tenric Starkindler, and his search for purpose during the Purge and beyond...



Monday, December 29, 2008

ECLIPSE (part II)

picking up where we left off.....
=====================================

“I guess that’s part of why I misunderstood the visions that did come. I saw Jedi in battle with clones and an old, ruined, temple in the background. I thought it was the clue I had been looking for; that I had finally found the place my Master had fallen. It was Dantooine, a place I knew of but had never been to. There had once been a Jedi training temple, or some such, there. My Master had told me stories from a time he had visited the planet. Of course getting there posed a bit of a problem. Dantooine is about as far from here as one can go and still be on the galactic map. I would need not just a ship, but one that also had a class I hyperdrive in order to make the trip. That meant I would need to 'borrow' one since my recent winnings were largely spent."

The only two places on Soma III to find such a ship were in the shipyards of either Nal-Lium or Dure-Lite. They were the mining consortiums that controlled the system. Nal-Lium was Hutt-run and definitely second choice. Dure-Lite had the best ships and, being mostly staffed by humans, would be easier to infiltrate.

"My Master would not approve of what I was planning to do. That thought only made me angrier. It was something I had to do! Something I needed to do! After all he was the one who decided to leave and take up his place in the Clone Wars…."

Ragun's only reaction to this indictment of Tenric's Master was to raise his eyebrows and wave to the service droid for another round.

"…Sorry, I know he was just being true to who he was. He had been long in self-imposed exile training me. I had seen the joy and pride in his eyes the one time he had taken me off world to meet Master Hett. He was eager for both the news and companionship of a fellow Jedi. It is Palpitane and his pet clones I am really angry at….Vader too, of course, but that’s a bit different. I never thought I would actually ever meet the Betrayer…but I am getting ahead of myself.
So I needed a ship with a class I hyperdrive and the Dure-Lite fleet was my best chance of obtaining one. I didn’t really know many DL workers, but I often lurked around their shipyards as a boy."

A snuffle fron Ragun had a trace of sarcasm in it. Tenric's antics as a boy were still the talk of many in the settlement.

"Security was tight, but that wouldn’t pose too big a problem for someone with my skill set. I had been playing with Force illusions even before my Master had found me that morning so long ago. The trick would be choosing the right ship. After all I wasn’t going to get a chance to fuel up and lay in supplies.

It ate at me, knowing where I had to go and not being able to just hop in a ship and go. I did have my Incom Z-95, it was a fast ship at sub-light, and had the best shield augments the DL guys had come up with so far, but it was tasked as a racer and didn’t have a hyperdrive. I decided that whatever ship I ended up with would need to remain on permanent loan. I wasn’t too sure how I’d arrange that, but I didn’t really care that much either. I just hoped I wouldn’t need to kill anyone to get it.

===================================================================

No comments: