WELCOME TO SOMA III ...

Located in the Outer Rim just a stone's throw from Hutt controlled Space.
Here, in a natural Force-well that mostly obscures the system, a lone Padawan has been apprenticed to, and trained in secret by, a masterful Jedi whose visions led him to both planet and boy. The Jedi Master told only A'Sharad Hett of his padawan but never revealed Soma III's existence.
He vanished from the Jedi Order's records soon after congratulating his friend and mentor Qui-Gon on his elevation to the rank of 'Master'. Taking to heart the advice given him by Master Jinn he sought out the path the Force had for him to walk...no matter where it led. It led him to Soma III.
This blog is devoted to the life and times of that Padawan turned Knight, Tenric Starkindler, and his search for purpose during the Purge and beyond...



Monday, December 29, 2008

ECLIPSE (working title)

===========================

Time Frame: Approx. Order 66 +.75y-1.25y = -18 BBY (This story would be before Tenric's Gambit and was alluded to by Dale)
Setting: Soma III > The Shaft.: Tenric sits musing over the recent past….and downing Corellian Ales with a mission. He is sitting with Ragun, owner of The Shaft after its closing for the night. Tenric is filling his friend in on what he’s been up to lately. Tenric is still in his flight gear, having just arrived from the adventure he is recounting. In the booth next to him is a singed brown robe that looks like it might be in better shape than he is. Ragun is one of, at this point, two people who have known Tenric is a Jedi and not just a bounty hunter. The other being Tenric's grandmother (who died soon after his Master left). Ragun is large, grizzled, and old enough to be Tenric’s grandfather (which may actually be the case: but that is another story...maybe).

===================

"The Force had been in turmoil ever since the Clones had turned on the Jedi and my meditations had been difficult. The currents were wild and I had to stay close to my anchor or risk being swept away. My Master had taught me....but he was gone now...GONE!

I knew my anger over the betrayal and at having been left behind was not part of the Jedi Way. I knew it would poison me if I let it remain unchecked, but it was the only feeling I could stand to have so I let it burn. My dreams were dark and filled with the mixed images of Jedi being slaughtered and clones falling before my blade in vengeance, but they brought me no comfort. Daylight only made me miss the darkness. Others around me went on about their lives, Palpitane's announcement and the outlawing of the Order meant little to them.

I tried not to hate those around me. After all they hadn't betrayed the Jedi, or me; they weren't to blame. The anger boiled out of me though and some were beginning to ask questions. I told them I was upset over my 'uncle' having left, but they felt the disparity. That is why I took up racing. It gave me something to do and a way to pour out my anger."

The Somantus Racing Circuit is a loosely organized group of races spread from Tatooine through the lower quadrant and into Hutt controlled space. Racers are always needed due to the dangerous nature of the courses run.

"At first I flew the races with little conscious Force use. I just threw myself at the courses and used my anger to batter my way to the finish. I am quite a good pilot and was able to manage a few third, and one second, place finishes. Soon, though, I realized that in order to keep racing I would need to win. Sponsors were picky about details like that.

So I began to use the Force to augment my piloting abilities and push the racers to their structural limits. Maybe I really wanted one of them to disintegrate and relieve me of the grief and anger; maybe not. I am still not sure. Incom, though, really knows how to build a ship."'

 The Z-95s I used in the races could take more punishment than you’d believe and still be flyable. The result of my recklessness was a winning record and a reputation as being the quadrant’s most gifted lunatic pilot.

"I was still spending time meditating and seeking visions of where my Master had died. I wanted to find his body and bring it back for burial. I guess I thought it would bring me some sense of closure. I wanted to find his saber too. Other than my meditations and racing I had closed myself off from the Force. It was a stupid thing to do, but at the time I wasn’t thinking too clearly anyway."

=============================================================

No comments: