WELCOME TO SOMA III ...

Located in the Outer Rim just a stone's throw from Hutt controlled Space.
Here, in a natural Force-well that mostly obscures the system, a lone Padawan has been apprenticed to, and trained in secret by, a masterful Jedi whose visions led him to both planet and boy. The Jedi Master told only A'Sharad Hett of his padawan but never revealed Soma III's existence.
He vanished from the Jedi Order's records soon after congratulating his friend and mentor Qui-Gon on his elevation to the rank of 'Master'. Taking to heart the advice given him by Master Jinn he sought out the path the Force had for him to walk...no matter where it led. It led him to Soma III.
This blog is devoted to the life and times of that Padawan turned Knight, Tenric Starkindler, and his search for purpose during the Purge and beyond...



Tuesday, February 3, 2009

ECLIPSE (part V)

I smiled and shook his hand warmly, but was a bit confused. You see Orlan actually had wanted to meet me, I could feel it in the Force, which meant my little “pushes” hadn't had much effect. I knew then that Orlan had a strong mind, purposeful and confident, and that meant our meeting was the will of the Force. My Master had taught me to seek out that will and follow it when possible. Since Orlan and I were meant to meet I determined to make the best of it.


“Well, then its a good thing we ran into each other tonight since I must leave Soma III on family business and do not know when I may return.” I said after we had shaken hands. My remark had more than the intended effect, however as Orlan's face fell visibly. I could see my leaving troubled Orlan for some reason of his own.

“Leave?” he almost stammered. “But why, I mean...” he looked flustered. “You said family business so it doesn't concern me.” he finished.

I could see now a way to obtain my objective of gaining a fast ship without resorting to either violence or stealing. Sure it meant playing on Orlan's hopes, but I needed a ship and he obviously needed something as well. I decided to play this hand out in a direct manner. Orlan seemed both sincere and honest.

“Orlan. I can see you had something specific in mind when you said you had wanted to meet me. The truth is I had something specific in mind in coming here tonight. Perhaps we can help each other out.” I made it a statement so he wouldn't try to deny it.

“What do you mean?” he asked. “What did you come here for?”

Even as he finished the question I could see his mind roll over the possibilities and hit upon the answer. His eyes widened and he looked toward the Z-95s. He was both strong minded and swift of thought. I felt we could be friends and hoped it could be so. However, first, I needed to finish my business.

“Orlan, please...” I held my hands up “...can you tell me why you wanted to meet me so badly?”

No comments: